½ okra chain (dry okra on a thread)
Two spoons of vinegar
1 can of chickpea
1 spoon of sour cream
- Place a pot with water on a heat, let it boil and put vinegar and okra inside. After 15 minutes okra will drink a lot of water, and it will become bigger and softer. Rinse it and effortlessly remove it from the thread to the plate. Put aside.
- Put a little olive oil and onion in a pan, and fry until tender. Put the onion in the bowl next to the okra, add some more oil and put a full spoon of curry, let it change color and release smell. In this way taste of curry is enhanced.
- Return the onion and carrot which is previously cut into smaller pieces, tomatoes which are previously peeled and also cut into smaller pieces and a glass of water (2dl) water.
- After 5 minutes of cooking, add okra and half of a can of chickpea. And of course watch carefully the amount of water in the pan, if the vegetables are not cooked, do not hesitate to add more water.
- During cooking, okra will start to release its gel and make the sauce denser.
- After 15 minutes of cooking, try it and if necessary add some salt, pepper or some other spice, depending on your taste.
Tip: You can serve with pita bread, or with noodles or with a slice of ordinary bread, and I recommend a full spoon of sour cream. Bon appetite J
Hello friends, I’m Tanja, a girl whose appetites for life never sleep. Ever since I can remember, I find a lot of satisfaction i reading and finding new recipes, planting spices and vegetables, fishing and ofcourse cooking. Thats one of the aspects I decided to grow as a person.
My ‘real job’ is in IT, and combing it with cooking, it all brings a great joy and balanse in my life. I choose and adjust recipes in order to make them as practical as they can get, and again not to lose in matter of taste. I like all cusines, and different diets, so I’m sure that everyone will find something they find interesting and worthy of cooking.